Thursday, September 20, 2012

Get To Know Suzanne Selfors!!

Hi-Ho The Dairy-O, TLN'ers!!
 
If chocolate is your sweet treat of choice, you've definitely clicked the 'write' link today!!
 
Please join me in welcoming SUZANNE SELFORS!!
 
THE SWEETEST SPELL released last month and is about a young girl's struggle to find love and belonging despite her magical gift of turning everything she touches into chocolate--a commodity more valuable than gold in the fairytale land of Anglund.
 
Hungry for more? Well, let's dig in, my friends! 
 
 
1)If you were a book, what would your blurb be?

This short journal about a writer is sooooooooo boring, all she does is drink coffee and sit on her butt and write, you'll need to prop your eyelids open with clothes pins just to get through the first chapter.

2)Using three words, describe your voice.

funny, warm, hopeful

3)What has been the biggest challenge you've had to overcome in your writing?

Focus, focus, focus.
 
My head is swimming with story ideas and it's hard to set ideas aside. I used to start new projects, write a few pages, then start something else. Now that I have publication deadlines (I write two books a year) I've learned how to ignore those other voices and to get the work done.

4)Give us a sneak peak into your writing process: are you a plotter or a pantser?

I never outline. Never. It simply doesn't work for me. When I sit down to begin the new book, I always know how it begins and I always know how it will end. But the inbetween is the adventure that makes this process so enjoyable. I want the story to unfold organically and surprise me. That's the part I love. An outline stifles me.

5)What's been the highlight of your career?

The highlight, by far, is meeting readers. When a young girl comes up to you, hugging your book to her chest, and telling you that she's read it three times and that you inspired her to write her own stories--that is the honor of a lifetime.

6)Tell us a little bit about how you crafted Emmeline Thistle's world and her special talent?

I've always wanted to write a fairy tale. I'm not sure why it took me this long. When I began to craft the story, I was interested in the story of King Midas, the man who could touch anything and turn it to gold. But I wasn't intrigued by gold. So I didn't think the story would work until one night when my daughter and I couldn't find any chocolate in the house, and we practically went nuts, I realized that I had my story. Why make gold if you can make chocolate?


Photo credit to Kate DeVeaux
7)What's up next for you? Any news you'd like to share?

My next books are for children. There will be a release in November and two releases in 2013. I'm working on an adult novel.
 
BLURB for THE SWEETEST SPELL:
 
WELCOME TO ANGLUND, A FAIRY-TALE KINGDOM WHERE CHOCOLATE IS ONLY A LEGEND . . .
 
Emmeline Thistle, a dirt-scratcher's daughter has escaped death twice--first, on the night she was born, and second, on the day her entire village was swept away by a flood. Left with nothing and no one, Emmeline discovers her rare and mysterious ability--she can churn cream into chocolate, a delicacy more precious than gold.
 
Suddenly, the most unwanted girl in Anglund is desired by all. But Emmeline, wants only one--Owen Oaks, a dairyman's son, whose slow smiles and lingering glances tempt her to believe she might someday be loved for herself. But others will stop at nothing to use her gift for their own gain--no matter what the cost to Emmeline.
 
Magic and romance entwine in this fantastical world where true love and chocolate conquer all.
 
 
I'd like to thank Suzanne for being here today! If you'd like to learn more about Suzanne Selfors, please click on over to website: www.suzanneselfors.com or her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Suzanne-Selfors/207336662652088?ref=hl 
 
THANK YOU, TLN'ers for swinging by and joining in the fun! Here's hoping your weekend is full decadent delight! Happy Fall!! Catch ya back next week . . . ~Sarah

No comments: