Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Gain Words, NOT Weight!! Howdy to 2015!

(I've lost more than 4" and 30 lbs since March.
 I need to work on taking better pictures. Yikes! These look like mugshots!)
Heya, Friends!!

I've been silent for quite some time. It's been surviving life as a stay-at-home mom to three very, very busy kiddos and a work-a-holic husband. I've lost my mind more than once or twice!

I let myself, my schedule, my ambition, my writing . . . just go.

So, this is the year! 2015 will be my year!

I've said it before, I know, but I've never been so ready to make the changes and get my goals and dreams back on track.

March 2014, I started with a trainer at a local gym and thanks to him and his training/meal prep, I have seen great results on a steady basis. It's been SO inspiring! He's already told me to expect him wanting more from me and I said, "No problem. Bring it!" It's not just about losing the weight, because meal prepping and training won't make the scale move very fast. Inches will fall off, but the scale will be a stubborn A--Hole! I have learned to simply measure myself and not weigh. I like seeing the measuring tape move more anyway. :) I just love how good I am feeling! It's awesome!

My kiddos are finally at an age where they can help me with housework. One of the first things they are getting for the new year is a Chore Chart. It's simple tasks, but ones that make them contribute to the family and hopefully, teach them some responsibility and indepence. They are excited! (me, too! I can't wait to pass off sock folding. lol)

As for my writing, well. I have a lot to make up for. I can't believe I just set it aside. What a bummer!

I stayed active in my local writer's chapter and thanks to new rules, I HAVE to finish my book THIS year in order to stay an active member. Talk about a BIG whack to the noggin! #procrastinationepicfail

I realized I can't keep pushing off my writing in favor of something else. I HAVE to make time. The story hasn't left me. I think about it every day. Many times during the day, too. I just get a mind-block about sitting down to write. Like as soon as I do . . . BOOM ! I remember all the laundry I need to do, the dinner I need to make, or worse, let myself fall victim to my own doubts and insecurities. *sigh* The list is endless.

I am making small changes, which are chain reacting to all the other aspects of my life. I'm getting my confidence back and feeling better than I have in a long, long time.

Anyhow, I hope my words help others out there struggling with the same issues.

Stay tuned as I will be endeavoring to post more frequently. Thanks for sticking it out with me!

Lots of Love,
Sarah




No comments: